Breaking News: Will Smith resigns from Academy after Chris Rock slap

 After slapping Chris Rock during the Oscars on Sunday, Will Smith has resigned from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

In a statement sent to Fox News Digital on Friday, Smith announced his resignation and stated that he has "betrayed the trust of the Academy."

You may like to read this news: Big Update: Disney employee issues dire warning about the economic consequences

image source: unsplash

"I have reacted immediately to the Academy's notice of disciplinary hearing, and I fully accept any and all repercussions for my actions. My behaviour at the 94th Academy Awards was shocking, terrible, and unforgivable. Chris, his family, many of my dear friends and loved ones, all those in attendance, and global audiences at home are among people I have injured. I betrayed the Academy's confidence, "Smith stated his opinion.

Smith went on to say that he "denied other nominees and winners the opportunity to rejoice," and that he will accept any further punishment from the Board.

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, according to its president, David Rubin, has accepted Smith's resignation and will continue to pursue disciplinary action against him.

"Mr. Will Smith's immediate resignation from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has been received and accepted. In advance of our next scheduled board meeting on April 18, we will continue to press through with our disciplinary processes against Mr. Smith for violations of the Academy's Standards of Conduct "Rubin explained.


CHRIS ROCK ADDRESSES WILL SMITH SLAP AT FIRST COMEDY SHOW SINCE OSCARS

"I took away the opportunity for other nominees and winners to celebrate and be recognised for their outstanding efforts. I'm devastated. I want to refocus attention on those who deserve it for their accomplishments, allowing the Academy to focus on the incredible work it does to support filmmaking creativity and artistry. As a result, I am resigning from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, and I will accept any additional consequences imposed by the Board."

"Change takes time, and I'm committed to putting in the effort to ensure that violence never again triumphs over reason," Smith added.

Smith slapped Rock after the latter made a joke about Jada Pinkett Smith's bald head, alluding to the film "G.I. Jane." Pinkett Smith has battled baldness for years.

"I can't wait to see 'GI Jane 2,'" Rock said on stage at the Academy Awards. At the event, Pinkett Smitt was present.

After being slapped by Smith, Rock exclaimed, "Wow, Will Smith just smacked the s—t out of me."

WILL SMITH'S OSCARS SLAP PROMPTS ACADEMY DISCIPLINARY PROCEEDINGS, STAR REPORTEDLY REFUSED TO LEAVE CEREMONY


image source: unsplash

Smith responded, "Keep my wife's name out of your f—-ing lips."

Smith apologised after accepting his award for best actor for his role in "King Richard."



CHRIS ROCK SPOTTED FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE NIGHT OF WILL SMITH'S OSCARS SLAP

"I'd like to express my regret to the Academy. I'd like to express my regret to all of my fellow nominees "Smith stated his opinion. "This is a lovely moment."

Smith apologised again on Monday, tagging Chris Rock in an Instagram post.



                                                    image source: unsplash


"Violence is poisonous and harmful in all of its manifestations. My behaviour at the Academy Awards last night was both terrible and inexcusable. Jokes about my health are expected on the job, but one regarding Jada's illness was too much for me to handle, and I reacted emotionally "Smith stated his opinion. "Chris, I'd like to officially apologise to you. I was both out of line and incorrect. I'm embarrassed, and my actions do not reflect the guy I aspire to be. Violence has no place in a world of love and peace."

He stated he's "still kind of processing what occurred" during a Wednesday night programme hosted by Rock.



"I'll talk about that s—- at some point, and it'll be serious and humorous," Rock continued.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will the new corona wave come in 2022?

Latest samsung tablet and its price

Does the price of petrol increase after election?